KIB Food Processing Company is a reputable spice producing company; the producers of ama wonda curry, jollof rice amidst other natural spices produced.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Ado, Karu LGA – Nassarawa
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are a reputable spice production company looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns
- The candidate should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, the candidate will provide the company with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations.
As the Accountant, you will analyze all financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the company. You will need to:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Work as Internal Revenue Service agent.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Perform other miscellaneous jobs as requested by management
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance with 2-3 years experience or in a related field in preferred.
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills is needed
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- N40,000 – N70,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Living close to the location will be an added advantage!
Application Deadline 28th February, 2021.