Inagbe Grand Resort and Leisure, a Resort on the Snake Island, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor (Male preferably)
Snake Island, Amuwo-Odofin, Apapa – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the functioning of the housekeeping department, Oversee all duties performed by housekeeping staff, assign tasks to the housekeeping staff, identify and report cases of tardiness, and monitoring cleaning supplies.
- Ensuring that the housekeeping staff complies with all safety and sanitation policies.
- Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Scheduling staff shifts and organizing replacements as required.
- Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Providing training to the housekeeping staff.
- Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Organize, supervise and coordinate the work of housekeeping staff on day-to-day basis.
- Ensure excellence in housekeeping sanitation, safety, comfort and aesthetics for hotel guests.
- Prepare duty roasters and supervise the discipline and conduct of her staff.
- Ensure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meeting with the staff.
- Counsel and motivate employee on various duties.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for cleaning and develop new procedures to increase efficiency of labor and product use.
- Maintain regular inventory and checking of furniture, linen, uniforms, equipments in the rooms.
- Evaluate employee performance for promotions.
- Approval of supply requisitions for the housekeeping and to maintain minimum stock and cost control procedures for all materials.
- Follow all company safety and security procedures
- Provide budget to the management and control of budgets.
- Check the reports, files, registers maintained in the department.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma / HND in any field of study.
- Minimum of 7 years experience obtained in the Hospitality sector.
Skills and Compentencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Independent, with great coordination.
- Accuracy and good measuring skills
- Good use of Excel and Word for documentation and reporting
- Sound independent judgment.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Integrity and honesty.
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to multitask, organize time and material.
- N80,000 Naira monthly.
- Accommodation will be provided and free breakfast.
Deadline: 24th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in Word document or PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.