Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Headwaiter
Job Number: HOT07KD3
Location: Transcorp Hilton Abuja, 1 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja
Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shift: Full Availability
Job Level: Team Member
Job: Bars and Restaurants
- As a Headwaiter, you will Support the Outlet Manager in the operations of the outlet to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the outlet and review supply inventory.
- Evaluate team members, and provide training, leadership and guidance to team members ensuring consistent quality and optimal financial results.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including product knowledge, supervisory skills, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Ability to communicate orally in English with both guests and employees
- Ability to react promptly to guest requests and ensure accurate follow-up
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- To attend any meetings, training sessions or courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your Supervisor / Manager
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your Supervisor or Manager
- Ensure departmental service standards are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure proper handling of all operating equipment to minimize breakage or loss
- To be friendly and polite in front of guests at all times
- Assign and supervise side duties to all direct reports
- To assist in other Food & Beverage areas if and when required
- Handle guest complaints / comments efficiently and promptly
- Ensure outlet cleaning schedules are adhered to and identify additional requirements
- To assist in the service of food & beverage when required
- To assists in the preparation of mis-en-place when required
- Study and learn menu terminology
- Report for duty on time with clean attire
- Follow the policies and procedures introduced by the Food & Beverage department.
What Are We Looking For?
- Previous experience working in hotel operations as a Restaurant Captain or more senior.
- Experience of managing teams.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: You are required to attach your CV and Application letter.