Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anti-corruption and Transparency Lead – Trade and Investment
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is seeking a specialist lead for an upcoming Investment Promotion Programme (IPP) funded by the UK Department for International Trade (DIT).
- The programme aims to increase economic growth, productivity and job creation through a combination of technical assistance, capacity building and assistance to investment promotion agencies (IPAs) in the target countries of India, Nigeria, Philippines and South Africa.
- By facilitating greater foreign direct investment to the target countries, the programme aims to drive sustainable and ethical job creation with an emphasis on women and disadvantaged groups. The Anti-corruption and Transparency lead will be responsible for leading on activities within Pillar 4 of the programme, increasing business integrity, transparency and reducing corruption in trade and investment in Nigeria and South Africa.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with DIT and regional investment promotion agencies.
- Expertise in business integrity, anti-corruption and transparency
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of business integrity
- Demonstrated ability the provide strategic advice and recommendations
- Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Exceptionally understanding of the local context in Nigeria and South Africa
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and a professional commitment to promote a culture of gender equality and social inclusion.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly developed negotiation and problem-solving skills.
The lead will oversee the Pillar 4, ensuring that the project effects acts to:
- Enhance the integrity, transparency and ethical standards within public and private sector organisations with regard to the management and promotion of investment deals
- Build the capacity of investment bodies to provide practical, value-adding business integrity guidance and leadership to international and domestic stakeholders; and
- Establish formal standards and practices within investment promotion agencies to prioritise investors and deals with high integrity standards
Under the direction of the Team Leader, the specialist will:
- Lead the delivery of pillar 4 through supporting IPA in delivering high level of trade and investment integrity standards and leadership.
- Provide technical inputs to strengthen IPA’s capacity to support investors on how to identify contextual integrity issues and mitigation strategies.
- Undertake consultations with DIT and other stakeholders to determine specific activities to be delivered each year.
- Leadership and accountability for in-country leads in South Africa and Nigeria
Deadline: 11th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online