We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury & Tax Accountant
Location : Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To ensure an effective custody and management of all company funds through complete documentation of all bank and cash transaction and reconciliation of Bank and Petty Cash balance in the General ledger.
- To ensure tax remittances and statutory payments are properly accounted for, remitted and filed in order to prevent penalties
- Makes all payment for Asharami Energy- writes and issues cheques, prepares telegraphic transfer instructions (Naira and Foreign currency), maintains and administers petty cash (Nigeria and foreign currency)
- Monitors and processes banking transactions in collaboration with the Management and Project Accountant
- Liaison with various banks where company accounts are maintained.
- Enforces policies, procedures and internal controls related to bank and cash operations.
- Prepares and submits a daily cash report for all bank accounts. This details Asharami Energy’s cash positions in all banks.
- Assists with cash flow planning so that all debt payment and other obligation are paid timely and ensure accurate and timely transfer of funds to meet foreign payment obligations.
- Collection and receipting of all crude proceeds and cash calls received by Asharami Energy
- Ensure safety and security of all cash and cheques by putting them in the safe at the close of business on a daily basis.
- Handling of Treasury related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts assigned-Naira and Dollar.
- Timely remittance and reconciliations on remittances made with Tax authorities
- Timely payment and filing of statutory payments (WHT; PPT; CIT; NCD and VAT) for all Asharami Energy subsidiaries
- Filing of Transfer pricing for all upstream companies
- Accounting Graduate with 3 years of work experience in similar role
- Relevant Professional Qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of final stage in Professional Examinations.
- Good knowledge of personal computers and proficiency in MS-Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of banking operations.
- Basic knowledge of tax remittance rates and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and coordination.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Finance Manager
- Management Accountant
- Tax authorities
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online