Team Member, Investigation Monitoring and Enforcement at United Bank for Africa Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Investigation Monitoring and Enforcement
About the Job
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial service institution with a global footprint
- We have a clear purpose to become a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
- Here in UBA, we celebrate our diversity and ensure an inclusive culture that spans across 23 countries in Africa and other continents: Europe and North America within a high governance ecosystem with three (3) official languages (English, French and Portuguese) and over 20,000 employees in charge of our operations, we attract and hire a wide range of talents from diverse backgrounds.
- We also foster a company culture where every voice is welcome, heard, and respected
- We build cultural awareness, sensitivity, and empathy by breaking down cultural barriers within the workforce
- We are One Voice, One People and One Tribe: The UBA Tribe.
- Our culture is one of global reach with a local touch
- We seek to attract the best and brightest talent irrespective of inherent or acquired diversity status, and we hire in an authentic way free of biases.
Successful candidates will be a part of the core team set to:
- Raise the culture of Compliance in the bank
- Expand our current business/client portfolio and
- Ensure policy and regulatory compliance
- To manage and support the bank’s compliance risk management strategy by monitoring and enforcing regulatory compliance and compliance with the bank’s laid down rules.
- Promote initiatives to ensure compliance with the bank’s laid down policies/rules to enhance the compliance culture in the bank through spot checks, regular risk-based reviews etc
- Be involved in the activities of cluster compliance officers to organize and facilitate anti-money laundering training sessions, enforcing complete documentation/ applying adequate KYC controls, investigations and handling of unusual/suspicious transactions, records keeping.
- Facilitate compliance training.
- Monitor transactions according to policy.
- Dispose actimize alerts.
- Track compliance and anti-money laundering and audit review comments of the subsidiaries and group compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to the chief compliance officer when necessary.
- Track regulatory compliance examination comments of the subsidiaries and group compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to the chief compliance officer when necessary.
- Assist cluster compliance officers to respond to and close out enquiries on compliance helpdesk, respond to enquiries from regulatory and law enforcement agencies, review questionable transactions referrals (Qtrs) from business offices.
- Ensure cluster compliance officers submit spot check reports to the chief compliance officer and are received as planned.
- Monitor regulatory changes, level of compliance to internal and external regulations through monthly incidence reporting.
- Minimum of a University / First Degree
- Minimum of 2 years banking experience
- Experience in operations, internal control or audit, compliance and risk management.
- Attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of the bank’s products, policies & regulatory universe/directives
- Analytic and investigation skills
- Proficiency in use of Excel, PowerPoint, Finacle, Actimize etc
- Value-adding orientation.
- Good understanding of sanction screening
- Strategic thinking & problem-solving ability
What we expect from you:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values
- We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th December, 2021.