EduGrow is an education technology application looking to revolutionise the way students learn. Our learning designs are informed by contemporary learning theory and are interactive, contextualized and responsive to diverse learning styles. We believe in immersing learners in relevant authentic activities designed to motivate, engage, and produce quantifiable change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subject Matter Expert – Video Presenter
Employment Type: Contract
About the Role
- We are building an ecosystem of applications that is a one-stop shop for all of the learner’s educational needs. As part of our effort to provide high quality & engaging video content to students, we are looking for competent individuals proficient in their subject matter (English, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Financial Accounting, Economics or Commerce) to join our team as SME – Video Presenters. If you have studied and taught any of the above subjects, then this is a perfect opportunity for you to grow your career and excel.
Key Responsibilities – What will the candidate be doing?
- Working with the SMEs – Content Development to understand and deliver the subject matter developed by your subject team in an engaging video lesson
- Working with the media team to ensure that the video lessons meet quality standards desired by young learners
- From time to time, you may be required to be involved with content development and revise subject-based curricula to meet the quality standards
- Working alongside the company’s motion animators to ensure that the video lessons successfully deliver key concepts in an easy to understand manner through high-quality animations
- Any other assignment or task assigned by your manager
Role Requirements – Who are we looking for?
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, B.A. in English or any relevant degree
- 2+ years’ experience in teaching for the subject matter you are applying for is preferred
- Strong understanding of the subject matter and ability to memorize the same
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the video lesson
- Ability to be detail-oriented and work with a team
Location and Line Management:
- Your role will be based in Kano State and you will report to the Head of Content Development
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
As part of your application you will be required to:
- Upload your CV
Record a 45 second to 1-minute video – in this video:
- Give an introduction about yourself (your name, educational background, etc.)
- Tell us why you are a good fit for this role
Note: This video will be used to assess your ability to speak in front of a camera – do ensure that you are clear, confident and crisp in your video. You can upload the above in the link above.