Job Title: Senior WSSS Finance and Accounting Advisor/Trainer
Locations: Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States (one of the 3 states will be chosen as the expert’s main base), Nigeria
Project: TA service contract for the implementation of the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRPIII)
Engagement: Short-term, 120 working days in the period August 2019 – end April 2020
Scope of work
- The Advisor/Trainer will provide institutional analysis, technical advisory, formal and on the job trainings in the area of finance and accounting to staff of Water Utilities/Corporations and Water Consumer Associations in the 3 states of Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau towards working on commercial principles.
- Develop tools and guidelines to achieve financial sustainability;
- Build the capacity of water utilities with regard to operating water services under commercial principles in the three states in the area of Finance and Accounting.
- Develop an institutional model and guidelines for economic regulation of water services in the three states;
- Ensure stakeholders sustained engagement, commitment and coordination with regard to the implementation of policies and plans;
- Advise on the institutional reform of water utilities to take commercial principles into consideration.
The foreseen start date of the above assignment is beginning of September 2019. This position forsee a full-time input (Ca. 20 man days/month)
Education and skills:
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor level; Master preferred) in Accounting and Management, preferable chartered accountant (ACCA, CPA, etc or the equivalent), finance, accounting, development management, or other relevant discipline. In the absence of a Master degree, additional 10 years to the general professional experience required;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to coach, motivate and nurture employees at different levels, communicate fluently, work as a team member, and a matured level of sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with key stakeholders.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or finance management;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the water and sanitation sector;
- Must have significant experience in the developing world, preferably including sub-Saharan Africa;
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment in developing countries would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in water utility commercialization with a broad range of experience in financial accounting system development and reform, water utility concessions, regulation and monitoring performance;
- Experience in institutional analysis, strategic advice and formal and on-the job training in the WSS sector with regard to finance and accounting;
- Experience with training needs assessment, curricular development and a diverse range of training methods.
31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and a short Motivational Letter to "Marinel Ivanova" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and copies of diplomas and employers' reference will be requested.