Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Financial Services
- Provision of effective legal services in the company to ensure the highest quality oflegal compliance required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the company and its related activities is illegal, unethical or improper
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Identify potential areas of legal compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant stakeholders
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts etc
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the company in any form of dispute
- Provide Legal advice on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the company and its affiliates
- Handle and manage all litigation matters
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company and its affiliates
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation of contracts
- Overall management of Contracts for the Company and its affiliates.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Law
- Minimum of 5-8 years post call experience in a reputable financial firm is desirable.
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and a Professional Membership
- Experience in commercial law/corporate practice with knowledge of contract law, disputes and litigation, compliance, Corporate Governance, intellectual property and data privacy
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian legal system and other industry best practices
- Drafting skills, practical knowledge of contract, analytical skills accuracy and time management skills
- In?depth understanding of company internal operations and structure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online