M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Risk Co-ordinator
Job type: Full time
Department: Services - Legal
- Based in West Africa, the role Supports the ERM function in the facilitation of risk assessments, conducting reviews on the implementation of risk mitigation action plans and KRIs, and preparing a summary report of findings.
- Facilitating ad hoc risk assessments as required.
Key Job Functions (Main activities undertaken by the job holder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
- Maintain a regional and departmental risk register.
- Based on a review of procedures and walkthroughs, maintain an inventory of internal controls, and map them to key risk areas.
- Execution of the key risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the organization.
- Work with the business to conduct Risk assessments and ensure the Risk owners follow through with the mitigations
- Conduct on a regular basis operational risk assessment for projects, products, processes, and any ad hoc assessment as requested by the business.
- Development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures.
- Identify emerging risks. This includes risks associated with new products and services, customer types, geographies, and channels.
- Coordinate the collection of risk information from source systems, departments, and reporting, analyze the data and apply it to various key risk areas to update the risk profile
- Identify opportunity areas for the business and give recommendations for implementation.
- Supporting implementation of various ISO standards in the business that are risk-based.
- A Second Class Upper Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited University
- Holder of Risk Management Certification, CPA / ACCA, CISA, etc is an added advantage.
- Risk Management certification – Cert IRM, Dip IRM, ISO 31000 is an added advantage
- At least 5 years working experience in a risk management position.
- Detailed knowledge of cross functional operations and impact of one department to another
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online