- Company: United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting talented and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Control Officer
Job type: Full-time
- To ensure the business office operations are in line with the Bank’s internal policies, and regulatory policies.
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counseling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- First Degree in any related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in banking operations, or in a Control related role.
The ideal candidates must be conversant with the following:
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Auditing
- Basic Financial knowledge
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Relationship management – should be able to maintain a customer friendly disposition always.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills
- Attention to details
- High level of integrity and Confidentiality
- Ability to maintain high level of awareness always.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solving.
Application Closing Date