Refinery PLC Supervisor at West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Refinery PLC Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Process monitoring for Degumming /Neutralisation/Bleacher /DO /Lecithin
- Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Degree in Food Science / Engineering or Applied Sciences is required
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of PLC operation is paramount.
- Working knowledge of applicable HSE regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Report writing and record keeping
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Analysis and interpretation of result.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reasoning and decision making ability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply