Millie’s International School – We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated class teachers to join our staff team. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children.
- We want to be recognised for academic excellence and having a reputation for giving pupils the critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in education, employment and life.
- To join our team therefore, you will need a good understanding about your role within our school and your willingness to actively embrace this will be essential
For your application to be successful, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have high expectations of all children and the ability to inspire and motivate learners
- Be an excellent class teacher
- To have the ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to curriculum development
- Ability to set high standards and provide role modelling for staff and pupils
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
- Demonstrate initiative and a commitment to your own professional development
Knowledge and Understanding
- Be a strong classroom practitioner with clear and thorough knowledge and understanding of the British National Curriculum and its application
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge of the Primary Curriculum and its application
- Have a secure knowledge of the relevant subjects and curriculum areas and be able to teach a wide range of subjects for both key stages
- Have understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
Skills and Aptitudes
- Be able to effectively use a variety of teaching and organisational styles and resources including ICT
- Be able to provide our pupils engaging and exciting learning experiences by planning and teaching well structured lessons
- Be able to impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time
- Be able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Be able to nurture and develop the students’ love of education through own passion for teaching; being a life-long learner and seeking to communicate a genuine love of learning through lessons.
- To be confident in using ICT and media to support your work and the children’s learning.
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings
- Ability to work with and deploy resources effectively
- Good classroom management skills
- Be a well-organised team player with excellent communication skills
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree in English (BA) gained from a reputable university; plus a diploma or certificate in Montessori Education or Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- Being familiar with the Nelson Handwriting scheme is also an added advantage
- Have minimum of 2 years verifiable teaching experience in a similar role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Interested candidates MUST demonstrate Primary Education teaching and experience of the British National Curriculum on their CV and cover letter
- MUST reside in Ibadan and be able to commute to Jericho, Ibadan
- Do not respond to this advert if you do not meet the requirements listed above
Application Deadline 31st July, 2020.