Job Title: Quantity Surveyor (Road Construction)
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
- The Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be provide all necessary assistance to the road construction team with respect to all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project.
- He/She will participate in the review and approval of interim payments, the variations and other financial matters. He will analyse and evaluate all claims made by the contractor.
- Responsible for all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the project.
- Provide support on all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of the work in the project.
- Participate in all commercial meetings.
- Finalize the Contractors monthly payment certificates.
- Streamline all cost and quantity records.
- Advise the SRE and REs on measurement procedures and calculation of interim and final quantities.
- Evaluate the unit rates for new work items.
- Participate in recording the details and monitor the day works recording and process.
- Preparation of variation orders.
- Advise on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the contractors resource allocation.
- Preparation of financial statements for monthly report.
- Partake in the auditing of payments to Contractors.
- Check and record measurements of completed work.
- Monitor contracts final cost estimates.
- Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements with the Contracts Department and the Engineer.
- Participate in the preparation of Final Account with all supporting documentation.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 10+ years postgraduate experience.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in Roads, Bridges and Highways Projects is a must.
- Experience working in roads and bridges in Nigeria preferable in middle belt and south part of Nigeria
- Must be based in Calabar
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online