EST Master Construction Limited was incoporated in Nigeria in the year 2000 and ever since, has shown its ability to adopt a thouroughly modern approach to construction works.
EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QA / QC Lead
Ref Code: MCLR/QMS/01/20
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The QA/QC Lead is responsible for ensuring that the Quality Management System (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner.
- Responsible for working closely with related engineering, construction, fabrication, and repair departments.
- This person will have the ability to read and interpret codes, contract design drawings, specification and implement project procedures, and will have a strong ability to administer the overall quality program, including auditing and surveillance of program implementation for compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company’s Quality Management policy, plans and procedures are implemented in line with international standards and are suitable for the purpose and use for which they are intended.
- Advice on setting up improvement guidelines for the company’s Quality Management System to employees. Ensure improvements are implemented and results are feedback to employees.
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the Project Manager and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents.
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Advance quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage and oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Create, update and maintain the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports.
- Perform quality control testing and inspection in adherence with contract requirements and company best practices.
Manage the development of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
- Planning duties within the QA/QC team and related work schedules;
- Establishing service standards for end users (i.e. internal department or external customer);
- Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs;
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
- Develop KPIs and ensure consistency in reporting across Corporate Quality Management System.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality or Engineering from a recognized University
- 7-10 years past QA/QC experience in Civil Engineering Construction
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015
- Thorough and accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid oral and written communication capabilities.
- Good ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development(CPD)
- A current relevant Quality qualification (e.g. ISO 9001 Auditor Certificate or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fully conversant with international quality standards, codes and industry practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]
Note: Candidates should note that only applications and CVs sent to the email above will be accepted
Application Deadline 17th June, 2020