The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Python Web Developer (Volunteer)
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required? 6 - 10
Number of Assignment: 3
Duration: 12 weeks
Host Entity: Noble Missions for Change Initiative
Description of Assignment Title: Re-structure a web platform built with Python
Sustainable Development Goal: Quality Education
- The platform was designed to recruit experienced working professionals to teach subjects that are missing in community schools.
- This is in a bid to bridge the teachers' gap that exists in low resource community schools. This assignment is to redesign the platform to meet the current demands created by the Cpvid19 pandemic.
- The volunteers would work on making changes to both frontend and backend, and more importantly, incorporate live teaching features into the platform.
- We are in need of online volunteers to help re-structure our web platform built with Python.
- The web platform was designed to recruit working professionals as volunteer teachers in low resource community schools. It was working fine until the COVID19 pandemic happened and we now have a strong need to re-structure the platform so that volunteers can teach virtually instead of going to the school physically.
- The online volunteers will help in adding a new feature to the platform that allows the volunteer teachers to teach from anywhere in the world.
- A Degree in IT or a related field is considered an asset but not required.
- The volunteers must have experience in full-stack web development using Python.
- Candidates are encouraged to include examples of their previous work in the application.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.