PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria Latest Job Opportunity
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client, the Family Homes Funds is Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest housing fund focused on affordable homes for Nigerians on low income. It is a social housing initiative promoted by the Federal Government of Nigeria as part of its Social Intervention Programme with initial shareholding by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority. Over the next 4 years, the company aims to invest up to N1.3trn (US$3bn) in the development of 500,000 homes for people on low income. In the process, the Company also aims to create up to 1,500,000 jobs and enable homeownership through its creative products.
To drive the achievement of these key strategic objectives, FHF is looking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional, driven and results-oriented professional to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reference Number: 130-PEO01144
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval.
- Oversee the implementation of the approved plan, ensure proper resourcing for implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to changes in FHF’s business risks, operations, programs, systems and controls.
- Ensure senior management and Audit Committee are apprised of any changes needed in the internal audit plan.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations. Follow-up on findings and corrective actions.
- Perform organization-wide risk assessments to identify significant risks or exposure related to internal controls or compliance with FHF’s policies and procedures, laws and regulations, sponsored contract and efficiency of operations.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on business risks and improving operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Remain current on audit and regulatory oversight trends and develop a risk based approach incorporated into the annual audit plan.
- Evaluate audit management report for implementation and ensure accuracy of programmatic and financial reporting.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee materials. Participate in quarterly or more frequent Audit Committee meetings
- Investigate and report to the Audit Committee on activity reported through Hotline/Whistle-blower processes and assist in investigations.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit related to Real Estate funds.
- Individual should be a Chartered member of ISACA or ICAN/ ACCA in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related qualification from a top-tier program
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ post NYSC experience in Audit, 3 years of which should be as Internal Auditor.
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or GAAS guidelines preferred.
- Experience in carrying out a Statutory audit
- Ability to effectively communicate with Board of Trustees and Senior Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact and Diplomacy
- Investigative skills
- Planning and Time Management
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Tenacity and Ethics Technology Proficient
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online