We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The Senior DMEL (SDMEL) Officer for the North East
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant supports the design, development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the assigned area.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
- These positions would be based in Maiduguri, with frequent travel to the field within the respective regions.
- Coordinate weekly with SDMEL officer to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Conduct monthly DQAs and site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the Associate DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level Activities.
- Implement Search M&E standards around project planning meetings, data collection tools, monitoring missions as required.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Monthly and Quarterly Reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with Associate DMEL Manager and SDMEL when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DMEL process in Maiduguri with close support from the SDMEL officer;
- University degree is required; University Degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or a related field is desired.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Resident in the state is an important plus
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested candidates should send the following:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Please compile your writing sample and resume into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.