Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Malteser International
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need - regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
For its work in Maiduguri, Nigeria, we are recruiting a motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (m/f/d) - National Position
Employment Type: Contract
Start date: As soon as possible (preferably, May 2022)
Duration of contract: Till December 2022
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be based in Maiduguri Office.
- The position will support measurement in the Field Office.
- The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning
- Assist M&E officer in Ensuring proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Degree / Higher National Diploma equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant social science course
- Minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience
- Strong technical knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation sector
- Respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken), fluency in the local language (written and spoken) would be an added advantage
- Good computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office packages.
According to qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.