Technext.ng is the go-to site for Tech News, Reviews and Insightful Analysis in Nigeria. We publish Technology and business related content with a deliberate emphasis on the African narrative and the desire to mirror the impact of technology on the continent. Our goal is to positively influence our society broadly and our readers and industry stakeholders personally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Editor
Sabo, Yaba - Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Start date: Dec 1, 2021
Nature of Job: Onsite (1 month of resumption for onboarding) Hybrid afterwards.
- Plan editorial calendar on a monthly basis
- Discuss and direct the story plots for each day
- Publish stories on the platform in line with the editorial guide
- Reach out to industry contacts for story details
- Recruit and train new reporters periodically
- Post sponsored post after confirmation from the business team
- Periodically present new strategies and ideas to grow engagement, website visits and industry perception.
- Top Skills required: Data Journalism, Analytic writing, Detailed and Meticulous
- Years of Experience in a similar role: >2 years
- Years of general work experience: >4 years
- Strong use of English language
- Knowledge of publication tools (WordPress, SEO, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the tech industry in Africa
- Average access to influencers and innovators in the ecosystem
- Understanding of the principles of journalism and media development
- The ideal candidate should possess a passion for tech and business writing.
- N100,000 to N150,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online