Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Male Legal Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities is illegal, unethical, or improper;
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant legal agent.
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions;
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the Company in any form of dispute;
- Handle all default related litigations.
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts, etc;
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company;
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation.
- Provide Legal advise on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the Company;
- Draft Legal Opinions when requested.
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s degree
- Must have experience in preparing executive-ready PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be able to interpret financial statements and understand the financial instruments
- 5-6 years post-bar experience in Corporate, litigation, SEC and commercial legal practice.
- Must have a working knowledge of investor relations function.
- Must have knowledge of legal and statutory filing and reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Integrity, transparency and honesty, and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to flexibly change deadlines and work priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP (enterprise resource planning) etc.
- Vast legal knowledge (corporate and litigation) – local and international
- Legal document drafting – e.g. contracts, agreements, NDA etc.
- Managerial skills
- Knowledge of statutory requirements for business processes relating to the company services.
Deadline: 14th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.