Renmoney - We are a passionate team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for the millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Nigeria. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding service experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal & Compliance Associate
Department: Legal & Compliance
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are the place for you, if:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- As a Legal & Compliance associate, you will provide support to the Legal & Compliance department on governance and legal matters and ensure the company’s compliance with all regulatory and statutory obligations/requirements.
- Provide sound advice, on corporate, commercial and legal issues and matters, to Renmoney as well as its various business units and departments
- Manage Renmoney’s litigation portfolio and liaise with its external counsels and solicitors
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- Drive awareness and compliance with regulatory and statutory directives and requirements
- Liaise and engage regulatory bodies/authorities on Renmoney’s behalf
- Keep abreast of, monitor and analyze regulatory trends and changes in regulatory directives, rules and regulations
- Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance with any other duties or projects as required.
- LLB Degree from an accredited university with 3-5 years post-call experience
- Corporate/Commercial law experience in a reputable law firm
- Experience in a CBN regulated entity and a Masters degree will be an advantage.
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Are a self-starter, take initiative and work collaboratively
- Have excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory and international business law
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured and hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people.
- You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online