American AirSea Cargo a reputable organization with three major brands Shoptomydoor ShiptoNaija and Simplified Corporate Logistics whose core mission has been the provision of affordable, fast and stress-free shipping and shopping services from any UK and US online store.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Adviser
We are seeking to hire an experienced Legal Adviser who will apply his/her expertise in providing services in legal drafting and interpretation, litigation management, creating and reviewing agreements and advising the organization on all the relevant legal issues. The ideal candidate responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to single handedly draft various legal documents and ensure that all drafted agreements, contracts and other legal documents with customers and partners are solidified within 48 hours to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Work hand in hand with the Fraud specialist and the accounts department to optimize plans for anti-fraud process and standardization to ensure that fraudulent orders are reduced to zero weekly.
- Prepare and present evidence to defend the company or prosecute defendants in criminal or civil litigation within 48 hours before the court case.
- Prepare and submit legal documents, such as deeds, business name registrations, applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts and also ensure such applications are approved within 2 days.
- Communicate and negotiate with customers of the three brands (Shoptomydoor, Shiptonaija and SCL) to pay up shipping and storage charges. Payments should be made within one week of communication.
- Providing required support and advice in communications with external parties to ensure that Company’s right and position in ongoing or threatened litigation matters are preserved and not compromised.
- Management of the assigned litigation matters by providing cost effective and efficient litigation legal services to meet the litigation and dispute resolution needs and priorities of the company
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal. In addition, he/she is to motions, meet with judges and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
The prospective employee will be expected to operate in line with our workplace values which are centered around being a team player with zero tolerance for compromise, providing stress free and excellent service delivery to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. This job position requires a seasoned legal expertise who must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Law; a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience, with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in management of high-level and complex litigation matters.
- Evidence of your past experience in drafting various legal documents is a must.
- Good understanding of the Shipping and Logistics industry and its legal framework in Nigeria and internationally is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of the working of the law enforcement agencies in prosecuting customers involved in the use of stolen credit cards to make purchases is a must.
- Excellent litigation, analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills with ability to spot legal issues and develop cost effective legal solutions.
- Capability to learn new areas of law and deploy such skills to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to take good decisions based on judgment are absolutely essential.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: (This must be saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject should be ‘Legal Adviser.
Recruitment Process/Method of Application:
- Our shortlisting methods will be solely based on applicants’ ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our organization’s core values throughout the application process.
- These values are embedded in all roles and as such applicants must evidence such during the assessment period to be considered for the job role.
- Only applications which meet up with the set criteria will be shortlisted.