ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IMPACT Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Start Date: ASAP
- The IMPACT Finance Assistant is responsible for tracking all advances. He ensures compliance with ACTED’s financial deadlines and procedures and with local authorities’ regulations. He provides efficient and on-time communication to CFM/DFM and Coordination.
- Preparing cash movements to support IMPACT/REACH activities, following up on contracts, debts and tax payments, and participating in SAGA updating and monthly Finance TITANIC.
- He ensures compliance with ACTED and IMPACT procedures and local authorities' regulations. He assists the Operations Manager in budget monitoring, financial reporting, current affairs, and any other activities when needed.
Accountancy and Treasury:
- Participates in the true and fair accountancy of ACTED Nigeria and respects ACTED’s accountancy procedures and deadlines;
- Manages advance processing and Advance tracker: opening/closing of advances, review of documents and follow up for regularization when errors, update and share on a weekly basis with CFM/DFM/FO;
- Proceeds to vouchers review every month;
- Ensure timely submission of the IMPACT/REACH Cash forecasts so as to enable availability of funds from the finance department.
- Review financial documents from field exercises.
- When needed, deploy to field operating locations to support IMPACT/REACH activities. This will include, but not be limited to
- Transport of cash, payment of wages for daily workers
- Management of other FLATS processes
- Ensures an on-time and efficient flow of information with Coordination.
- Prepare Program cash forecast for Field Missions.
- Facilitate cash advance collection and Reimbursement process for Field Missions.
- Prepare and submit documents necessary for Enumerator’s payment.
- Assist in BFU management and projections for the IMPACT/REACH Programme
Department Follow Up:
- Takes on other team members responsibilities when on leave if needed;
- Assists CFM/DFM whenever needed.
- Follows up with FLAT document updates to ensure compliance with ACTED’s procedures;
- Facilitates the country Compliance review process and ensure accuracy and availability of all documentation;
- Provides timely supplementary quality control of the Compliance documentation by checking the accuracy and consistency of the information between the related documents and report discrepancies immediately to the department concerned for corrective action.
- Bachelor's Degree. / Higher National Diploma in Accounting or in any related field
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience, Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context preferably
- Fluency in English required;
- Excellent communication and Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook.
- Excellent in Excel.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Ability to multi- task and work with deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV's - only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty stationandwithin commuting distance of the duty station will beconsidered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability
Application Deadline 6th June, 2021.