Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front End Developer
Job Type: Full Time
- We’re looking for a Front End Developer who will take a key role on our team
- As a Front End Developer, you will be committed to “changing the face of IT” through innovative thinking and continuous learning
- The ability to learn and adopt new technologies is reflected in the quality of the product
- As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves
- We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work alongside the team on complex large-scale web projects and handle small-to-medium projects on your own.
- Develop and maintain internal and consumer-facing frontend systems across the organization.
- Collaborate with designers to bring products to life.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or any related Science discipline;
- Excellent Presentation skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent collaborative skill;
- Attention to detail; Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization;
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- 3-10 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, a related field or related work experience.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience working Google technologies; Firebase, Google Maps
- Strong proficiency with NodeJS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git,
- Knowledge of NodeJS would be an advantage
- Knowledge of any Data Visualization platform would be a major advantage- PowerBL, Kibana, Tableau, SISense
- Minimum of 3 years core development working experience in Frontend Development
- An understanding of Rapid prototyping in UI development would be a major advantage
- Exposure to Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and technologies would be an advantage
- An understanding of CI/CD (DevOps) principles is required.
- Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality .
- Competitive based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online