An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the Oil and Gas industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Chairman / CEO
- The position is accountable for the financial and risk management operations of the company, including the development of financial and operational strategy, and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Manage any third parties to whom functions have been outsourced (e.g. external consultants / auditors, tax counsel, foreign exchange experts)
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Work with the top management to complete acquisition, due diligence and participate, as required in negotiating acquisitions
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of financial information
- Responsible for preparing quarterly and annual filings of financial statements, management discussion and analysis filings with the relevant regulatory authorities as required
- Report financial results to the Audit Committee and to the Board of Directors
- Oversee the entire financial operations of the company and its subsidiaries
- Has the overall responsibility including the oversight of the entire finance division
- Formulate the company’s future direction and tactical financial initiatives
- Develop appropriate and monitor financial control systems
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Management of the budgeting process
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Minimum of 12 years’ financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting.
- Experience and knowledge of Oil & Gas is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in accounting software (SAP)
- IFRS competency is compulsory
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Finance related field.
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Possession of MBA is an added advantage.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN) will be an added advantage
Knowledge, competencies, skills and experience required:
- Skilled at analysis of regional, national and international markets as related to the oil and gas industry sound understanding of financial management
- Innovative, entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a team player
- Risk assurance and compliance tools and practices
- The ability to lead, motivate and provide expert accounting advice to the whole team
- A can-do attitude and the ability to be adaptable
- An excellent work ethic
- To be outgoing and unflappable in the face of challenges
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 17th March, 2020.