STEMCafe is a non-linear learning centre where kids and young adults through play, explore the amazing world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) through fun interactive activities for them to experiment with amazing creations and ideas that develop lifelong learning and interest in STEM.
We are expanding Africa’s capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline to prepare the younger generation for the best jobs of the future that will see Africa become innovative, secure and competitive.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Finance Associate will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information.
- Accountants will prepare and examine financial records; assuring information is up to date and accurate.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- He/she will provide us with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare and compile financial statements, reports and budgeting.
- Administer payrolls as well as control income and expenditure.
- Carry out auditing on financial information
- Plan taxpaying services with reference to current legislation
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Ensure timely payments of the company’s payables
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivables.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Ensure financial statements and records comply with financial policies and regulations
- Keeping financial books and systems up to date.
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
- Examining the proficiency of the software programs used to organize data
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- 1.5 to 3 years of experience in the field or a related area.
- Minimum of a BSc in Accounting.
- A hands-on experience with accounting software
- An advanced Ms Excel skill including pivot tables
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skill
- Additional certificates in the field are a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online