Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expediter
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time – Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Ensure time and quality in the delivery of Goods and documents indicated in the Purchase Order and ensure the suitability of Goods, thus preventing extra costs, delays, or other disruptions in the execution of projects, by promoting/suggesting any corrective actions that may be necessary during the production and/or assembly of the Goods.
- Monitor the progress of the supply’s status during the entire supply execution period to achieve contractual delivery date. Manage requests for early delivery or postponed delivery in accordance with the project requirements..
- Work with different heads of department to monitor inventory levels, assess supply vendors and ensure delivered supplies meet quality standards.
- Review Purchase Order and all the contractual documentation to detect discrepancies and prevent any misunderstanding that could potentially cause delays
- Contact the Vendor to check correct receipt and interpretation of the Purchase Order, expediting the issuance of acknowledgement of the order
- Contact vendors, place orders, verify supplies, manage supply requisition, and communicate with supplies to determine expected delivery dates and inform Project Managers of potential delays.
- Monitor all supply chain phases to timely identify and manage any potential cause of delay, and mitigate delays already detected
- Ensure that the vendor supply schedule covers all the supply cycle phases (engineering, procurement, construction, inspection, preparation for shipment and transport) and its compliance with contract delivery terms and dates
- Collaborate with Project Managers for updates on delivery timelines.
- Supervise, if required, the activities of external expediters
- Facilitate the interface between Vendors and Saipem Functions involved in the supply chain activities
- Ensure timely availability of suitable shipping documentation to allow the shipping and transportation of the purchased materials
- Issue vendor performance feedback as per Saipem Vendor Management process
- Check the compliance of the supplies with contractual terms and with technical and qualitative requirements defined during the design phase, through the execution of inspections, tests, and document reviews
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering / Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant/ closely related field.
- A minimum of about 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP.
- Good IT skills.
- Good team player.
- Excellent time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online