Debt Manager at Lipa Later
Lipa Later is a buy now, pay later platform that allows consumers to shop and pay for items in monthly instalments. Lipa Later is a Pan-African organization with a presence across Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Nigeria - with plans of opening new markets in the near future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Debt Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Collections
- We are looking to recruit a results-oriented Debt Manager, who is a strong negotiator, able to work in a very fast-paced environment and adapt to situations.
- This individual should bare the experience and capability to collect accounts in compliance with all applicable regulations and internal performance standards in order to meet personal and team goal objectives.
- Organize calling list according to severity of delinquency – severity of delinquency here will be determined by the loan amount; instalment amount for short term loans (3 months and below) and client repayment history.
- Call debtors before Due dates to remind them to make repayments
- Call debtors on due dates to ensure they repay
- Daily update Individual Collection Portfolio records – that is repayments made, Promises to Pay made, demand notices sent, accounts recommended for repossession.
- Ensure demand notices for debtors who did not keep their Promises to Pay are sent in a timely manner as per policy.
- Follow up on Promises to Pay received.
- Recommend clients to be repossessed based on response so far received and the debt collection policy.
- Conduct repossessions on defaulted accounts as per plan.
- Receive and record all Promises to Pay from debtors
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients
- Negotiate for most agreeable Promises to Pay from debtors – most agreeable are those to pay within 7 days of the instalment falling due for arrears and within seven days after calling for older defaulters
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Debt Collection with at least One (1) years’ experience in team management.
- An aggressive individual
- A persistent individual
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in usage of debt record databases
- A good and clear speaker
- A good listener
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts to: [email protected] using “Debt Manager - Nigeria'' as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th June, 2022.