In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center (AENEN)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Three (3) Years
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded "Addressing education in North East Nigeria"
- The project is intended to develop and strengthen the education system in Adamawa and Gombe States which will enable it to deliver access to high quality education options that respond to the needs of all children without burdening it with addition cost that will result if parallel systems are created.
- The project will work with state partners and national and international academic institutions to analyze and understand the situation, prepare strategies for various scenarios and test and apply the best fit purpose in each situation. In 3 years, the project will reach 200 schools, 5000 teachers and over 200,000 learners.
- The Communications Manager will manage all project communications both electronic and print as well as be responsible for all press evens.
- S/he will be in charge of ensuring standards and adherence to USAID branding and marking plan. The position holder reports to the Chief of Party.
- BA in English, Mass Communication or related field
- 5 years’ experience managing project communications
- Excellent writing skills (to be tested)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good oratory skills
- Experience developing success stories
- Experience as a press person
- Experience editor of print and or electronic media
- Good editing skills
- Great ICT skills to be tested
- Teaching experience will be an added advantage
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
26th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.