Standard Bearers School (SBS) was designed to be a home away from home, where children receive valuable lessons of life and not just to be educated.
SBS is also a faith-based school, meaning that it is a Christian school. We are not seeking to convert any child rather impact the values of a Christian lifestyle that will impart values like humility, gentleness, contentment, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Class Teacher – Grade School
Employment Type: Full-time
- Teach assigned subjects to pupils according to curriculum plan.
- Coordinate with other grade teachers to maintain consistency in the curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional ideas according to school standards.
- Motivate students to participate in various educational activities.
- Develop creative learning opportunities for student’s education, social and behavioral growth.
- Interact with parents to inform them about their children’s academic progress.
- Create a positive, structured, learning, and safe environment for students.
- Develop and maintain student behavioral and discipline policies.
- Coordinate with other staff to evaluate and enhance curricular programmes for student academic excellence.
- Accommodate different learning styles and instruction methodology for English language learners and special education students.
- Use different assessment methods to evaluate student progress, their academic strengths, and weaknesses.
- Maintain accurate attendance and grade records for each student.
- Assist in planning and implementing school programs and other activities.
- Develop positive parent teacher relationship and promote parent teacher partnerships.
- Monitor student activities in school premise and ensure safety of every student in the classroom and school grounds.
- Attend educational trainings and workshops for professional growth.
- Candidates must possess a First Degree preferably in Education and the relevant teaching subject (B.Sc. Ed/B.Ed./PGCE).
- Candidates with Masters Degrees in Education have an advantage.
- Candidates with teaching experience in an international school environment are preferred.
- Candidates must possess at least 3-7 years of cognate experience.
- Candidates must be hardworking and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge.
- Possess above average writing and oral skills with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and team skills.
- Candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative, and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential of each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other learning platforms
- Teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- Candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary
- Candidate must have good diction.
Deadline: 23rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.