SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Locations: Isolo - Lagos, Plateau, Ogun
- The Child Protection Officer would be responsible for implementing community-based child protection activities in an SOS Children’s Villages Programme Location.
- This position will be responsible for the prevention and response activities of the child protection program
- He/she will work with the community and community-based child protection structures and system, psychosocial support activities, case management and promote children’s wellbeing
- The officer will be responsible for ensuring the protection of children from harm or abuse.
- He/she will contribute to creating a safer and protective school environment for children using the four main key elements of protection which are;
- Prevention (e.g. positive, supportive, safe school culture, curriculum and pastoral opportunities for children);
- Protection (by following the agreed procedures, ensuring all staff are trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively to safeguarding concerns);
- Support (for all pupils, parents and staff, and where appropriate specific intervention for those who may be at risk of harm);
- Working with parents and other agencies (to ensure appropriate communications and actions are undertaken).
- Uphold the SOS Children’s Villages Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention.
- Identify gaps in service provision to children and proactively document, refer and advocate for those gaps to be filled to relevant authorities
- He/she will closely work with the child protection stakeholders to ensure that they are addressing child protection concerns within their respective communities.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HND / BSc Degree in social sciences or humanities (human rights, sociology, psychology or any related field)
- Minimum of 2 years proven professional experience in Safeguarding, Development or Humanitarian Work
- Understanding of child development issues, including knowledge of child rights, child protection, child welfare, childcare and parenting; and relevant local and national laws, regulations and protocols
- Ability to manage sensitive information and be confidential and discrete.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online