Job Title: Chief Editor
Location : Lagos
Summary of Job Description
- Leadership and guidance of a team of editors to execute briefs from clients that would include substantive and copy editing, proofreading, formatting, etc. (all in English Language)
- Manage all the day-to-day operations of a publication.
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings.
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors.
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary.
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone.
- First Degree in English Language (post graduate qualifications would be an added advantage)
- Continuous Work experience as a Substantive and Copy Editor for a minimum of 5 years
- Hands-on experience leading a team of editors
- Proficiency in the use of editing software and Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Portfolio of/link to published works to: email@example.com using the "Chief Editor" as the subject of the mail.