- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Banking Jobs in NigeriaStandard Chartered Bank Jobs in Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Manager
Job ID: 2300017055
Employee Status: Permanent
- Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Standard Chartered Bank is looking for an exceptional and dynamic Audit Manager to join our Function, AME & AE Technology GIA Team within the Technology and Operations portfolio.
- This global role includes leading and executing audits (both stand-alone and integrated with other audit functions) of the applications supporting the Function business and AME and AE in-country technology portfolios .
- This role will get to work on more complex audits such as business integrated and multi-location high risk audits and will also provide the opportunities to interact and engage with both Group and Country Stakeholders.
- Lead audits or assist as a Team Member to deliver audits
- As a Team Lead, drive the audit, ensuring that resources are well-coordinated with appropriate time allocation for the audit work, and outcomes and expectations are clearly defined.
- Ensure that key risks are considered during audit planning, and high quality audit work is produced. This includes the planning documentation, detailed and accurate documentation of test results, and clear and factual audit issues. Support the Team Manager in drafting the audit report.
- As a Team Member, support the Team Leader / Team Manager by executing audit planning, fieldwork and reporting for work assigned in an efficient and effective manner such that audit work meets the given budget, quality standards and timelines. Draft the audit programme, audit observations / issues and support team leader/ team manager in preparing the audit report.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of, and compliance with, GIA methodology standards and the GIA system in all areas of assigned GIA activity.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative data (using data analytics) to diagnose underlying issues, patterns and root causes.
- Ensure timely and open communication throughout the audit process, within GIA and with the auditee.
- Monitor and track assigned audit issues and action plans, and report overdue items to the Head of Audit (HOA) for resolution. Monitor and escalate when high risk issues are not likely to be resolved within the agreed timeframe.
- Support GIA audit teams by providing Functions and AME and AE technology SME knowledge and expertise for their audits.
People & Talent:
- Build and maintain relationships with key GIA, business and technology stakeholders from Function and AME & AE to understand their business and technology developments including regulatory concerns, identify emerging risks, and facilitate execution of audit work.
- Complete relevant risk assessment activities in a timely and effective manner, including the completion of the Risk Assessment template.
- Assist in continuous auditing and monitoring of key risks in the portfolio.
- Utilise the risk assessment process and stakeholder engagement to determine an anticipatory audit plan.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Designated business and technology stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio; and
- GIA stakeholders – team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Strong background in IT audit (with a focus on application controls) with a minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in the Banking and Financial services industry.
- Knowledge and experience in Function or AME technology is preferred.
- Professional Audit Certification (CIA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIRSC, ACAMS etc.)
- Experience in executing a risk-based Audit Methodology, or a similar methodological approach.
- Experience in designing and/or executing data analytics
- Attention to detail and curiosity. Strong analytical skills and eager to learn.
- Excellent writing and articulation skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining effective working relationships with counterparts in GIA, business and technology.
- High degree of responsibility, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and direction, able to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyse and apply information, “thinking out of the box” where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of audit engagements.
- Displays initiative and knows when and how to seek guidance. Willingness and capacity to learn on the job.
- Ability to commit to 15-25% business travel (if required).
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- Risk Management
- Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Data Analysis
- English Written and Spoken
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2023; 11:59:00 PM