Edgewood Consulting Limited was registered and commenced business in 2005 with highly experienced consultants as its directors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant – Microfinance Bank (Okitipupa and Environs)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 4 – 8 years experience.
Deadline: 30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: [email protected] using “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Successful candidates must be ready to work in Okitipupa and its Environs, Nigeria.