Greenhills Agricultural Products Limited is responsible for overseeing a multi-million-dollar Greenfield project established by Saro in Edo State. The Greenfield is aimed at producing Food grade ethanol and carbon dioxide using Cassava as feedstock. The company’s goal is to deliver on Nigeria’s local consumption needs, thereby supporting import substitution whilst serving all stakeholders in the value chain, including final consumers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Accounts Receivable Function (Primary Function):
- Daily/periodic Invoicing process invoices for relevant departments upon receipt of relevant invoice request
- Receipt of member/customer payments – process cheque payments, credit card transactions and direct deposits
- Daily Posting of bank transactions.
- Communicate with staff/members/customers regarding invoicing and payment of invoices.
Accounts Payable Function (Secondary to Accounts Receivable Function):
- Processing of creditors invoices
- Raising of payments ensuring proper authorisations – via cheque and electronic funds transfer
- Processing of corporate credit card transactions – ensuring corporate purchasing policy is being followed by relevant cardholders
- Manage and reconcile office petty cash
- Communicate with creditors regarding outstanding accounts and payment of outstanding accounts.
- Filing of Monthly and Annual Tax Returns
- Management of Insurance Claims
- Bank/GL Reconciliation.
- Other tasks assigned by the Farm Manager or Financial Controller.
Qualifications / Experience
- B.Comm / B.Sc / HND in Accounting with a minimum of Second Class Upper
- Applicant must have 3 - 5 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
- Knowledge of contemporary IT including word processing, email, spreadsheet, database and similar disciples, Peach-tree and Sage software and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative, and sound judgement
- Assure discreet handling of all business.
- Keep business documents confidential.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action.
- Must be a highly reliable individual.
- Age: 25 - 35 years.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online