Akintola Williams Deloitte is the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firm in Nigeria and the oldest indigenous professional services firm in Nigeria. The firm was established in 1952 by Mr. Akintola Williams, FCA, CFR, CBE, the doyen of the accountancy profession in Nigeria.
- The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts.
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project.
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report on project profitability to management.
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects.
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- At least three years of experience in project accounting.
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com .