Accounting Officer Role at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Job Type: Contract
- Analyse various General Ledger accounts and investigate issues arising there from with special emphasis on the Working Capital accounts;
- Reconcile Partners’ current account balances with Cash calls, Billing statements and the General ledger;
- Account for Cash Calls / Draw-downs paid by and on behalf of Partners into the JV Accounts;
- Analyse and reconcile inter venture payables and receivables;
- Review the cutback process from a Cost Trial Balance (CTB) and General Trial Balance (GTB) perspective to determine accuracy and completeness of Partners’ share in line with contractual agreements, and investigate of issues arising there from;
- Analyse and reconcile consumable stock balances between FI/CO and MM modules of SAP;
- Compute and post Service fee and Parent Company Overhead in line with contractual obligations and agreements;
- Prepare Accounting analysis in support of Partners, Group, NNPC, Tax, External &
- Internal audits and other special investigations and ad hoc audits;
- Monitor and follow closure processes and provide relevant inputs as may be required;
- Prepare monthly returns for Withholding Tax (WHT), Value added Tax (VAT), Nigerian
- Content development (NCD) levy and Cabotage deductions;
- Provide support to other entities that interface with the Accounting department;
- Carry out any other adhoc duties as delegated.
- The Accounting Officer shall possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in either Accounting, Finance, Business related discipline, computer science, engineering or any numeric discipline.
- Completion of NYSC is mandatory.
Other requirements include:
- Very good organizational ability with effective communication skills;
- Aptitude for specialized accounting software (SAP) and other Windows office applications;
- Good organisational, interpersonal, writing and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of financing structures requiring unique Accounting interpretations and implementations;
- Knowledge of a wide range of Accounting and regulatory standards;
- General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Joint Venture Accounting.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online