- Company: Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy – BiRD’s
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy GMBH – BiRD’s, is an independent and privately owned consulting company providing first-class consulting and project management services, BiRD’s primary fields of activity cover key aspects of democratic governance and institutional strengthening – like rule of law, justice sector reform, parliamentary assistance and political party support, electoral assistance, human rights, support to state and non-state actors, and conflict prevention and peacebuilding – in developing and transition countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Expert
- The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy – BiRD GmbH is currently accepting applications for a National Expertfor the project Evaluation of the Programme “Border Management Africa “From Barriers to Bridges” – Support to the African Border Union Programme (AUBP)”.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Social/Political Sciences, Law or related fields;
- At least excellent knowledge of two of the following languages: English, French and/or (German);
- Knowledge of West and/or East African local languages expected.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Experience with participatory methods;
- Broad working experience in West and/or East Africa (esp.: Niger, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Benin, Tanzania, Uganda, and Rwanda).
- All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Only excellent experts meeting most or all of the above mentioned criteria and having excellent and verifiable record will be considered. Applications and updated CV's are accepted on a rolling basis.