Terminal Head of IT at Maersk Line
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company and member of the A.P. Moller Group. Connecting and simplifying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of over 80.000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terminal Head of IT - Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for strategic planning and directing of IT delivery within the Nigerian entities. (Apapa and Onne)
- Single point of accountability for projects and delivery streams within the cluster of terminals
- Accountable for overall development of the function, organisation and delivery capabilities
- To head the IT teams within the overall IT delivery portfolio
- Define, update and implement the country IT strategy ensuring full alignment to the global APMT Tech strategy
- Work closely with the terminal senior stakeholders to shape the business demands and define the associated technology plans / roadmaps
- Manage internal relationship, co-operate with other managers and staff on IT related issues.
- Lead and manage major terminal IT related projects.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring budget for the relevant area
- Manage systems acquisition, evaluate new hardware and software. Manage the selection process and supplier relationships during acquisition.
- Responsible for the overall cyber-security compliance and the business continuity planning for the terminals
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Evaluate best practices as well as new technologies / trends and recommending changes
- Actively cooperate with the regional and global IT teams to accelerate the modernization and digitalization of the terminal tech portfolio
- Act as the first of point of escalation of IT operational issues and drive the resolution processes with the relevant support teams (internal and externals)
- Recruit, appraise, develop and manage the IT teams
- Tactically plan and manage IT on technical issues, set and monitor policies, procedures and standards.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers and any internal service agreements.
- Monitor performance and capacity issues.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Solid IT Management experience (typically 8+ years) combined with a proven track record of Project Management in a large organisation
- Previous roles might include IT manager of a large multinational organization, Senior Project Manager, Programme Manager, Digital portfolio lead
- Knowledge of technologies / trends in the IT market .. Preferably in the terminal operations or large manufacturing industries
- Project management expertise (PMI or PRINCE II) .. Agile and Waterfall
- Change Management and Implementation
- Cost and budget management
- Ability to think strategically
- Stakeholder/relationship management
- Experienced in leading and/or working in a matrix type organization
- Results-oriented and proactive
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Contingency Planning
- Resource Planning and Management
- Project Transition to Production
- Formulation of IT Standards, Procedures, and Policies
- Solution Architecture
- Programme Management
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Sound business acumen
- Effective leadership and management of IT staff
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- ITIL, CoBIT, TOGAF … certifications would be a plus.
- As an organization with global presence, joining Maersk is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you to work with people of diverse talents & background.
- We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, and India.
- We value customer outcomes and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
- We are a diverse team with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- We offer the freedom, and responsibility, to shape the setup and the processes we use in our community
- We support continuous learning, including through conferences, workshops and meetups.
- The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
- There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
- As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
- We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.