United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, IT Audit
Employment Type: Permanent
- Coordinate the implementation of the Internal Audit’s mandate to the review and assess the bank’s controls on its information systems.
- Supervise the review of all digital banking income lines using CAAT tools to ensure that all incomes are received accordingly.
- Review adequacy of existing control to give reasonable assurance that all possible income leakages are blocked.
- Prepare activity report for the Group Head, Internal Audit and any other assigned functions
- Design audit work plan for Preliminary internal control review to determine the strength of the Internal Control
- Assist in the development and revision/update of the annual IT audit strategy and work plan in conjunction with the Head, Corporate Audit and Compliance
- Participate and supervise the process reviews/redesigns as well as systems upgrade/implementation efforts to ensure that appropriate system controls considerations are effectively taken on board and implemented
- Monitor adequacy of security and control built into the bank’s IT architecture
- Ensure periodic review of actual expense against budgets and resolve expense mis-alignment
- Review the procurement process of e-banking infrastructure to ensure that they are in line with procurement policy of the bank.
- Review and ensure clear roles, responsibilities, segregation of duties and succession planning for the various levels of IT & E-banking staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Accounting or any other Numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. CISA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CISSP and MBA etc. will be an added advantage.
- 5-8 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of auditing in a financial service industry. Must have good investigative skills, analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (written & oral).
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- IT proficiency
- Good investigative skills
- Good numerate and analytical skill.
- Structured query language (SQL Navigator)
- Audit command language (ACL)
- Unix operating systems
- Business objects (BO)
- FTP - file transfer protocol
- Microsoft office tools
What We Expect From You
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online