EF Network Limited is a multinational technology company, founded in 1995 that is a major global player in the green products, wireless/virtual technologies, broadband, cyber-security, tracking systems-personal, home, auto and public safety, communication gadgets, cloud services and e-commerce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- As a network engineer, you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks within an organisation or between organisations.
- You'll offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. This may, in some cases, involve designing new networks.
- Your aim is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for your users.
- You may work internally as part of an organisation's IT support team, or externally as part of an outsourced IT networking consultancy firm working with a number of clients.
As a network engineer, you'll need to:
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
- Liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Speak to customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture.
You'll usually need a degree in a subject such as:
- Computer Science
- Computer Software/Computer Systems Engineering
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Network Security Management
- It may be possible to enter this career without a degree, provided you have significant experience.
Relevant qualifications include:
- Cisco Certification Program – available at entry (CCENT), associate, (CCNA), professional (CCNP), expert (CCIE) and architect (highest level of accreditation achievable) levels
- CompTIA Certifications – including CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+
- Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) – available at associate, specialist, professional and expert levels
- Microsoft Certifications – including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) and the higher-level Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online