Fosad Consulting LLC. is a professional services firm established to provide quality consulting services to desiring clients, whose primary objective is to focus their management and technical resources on their core competence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Technology
Location : Victoria Island, Lagos
- Responsible for shaping company’s mission of being a foremost end-to-end document management and secured software solutions company by exploiting the value of enterprise information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision-making, Build a Center of Excellence which will provide the ability to work with customers and create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, analysis and reporting of structured and unstructured data, across multiple source systems.
Qualifications / Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- MBA Preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in most of the following fields – data management and analytics, data governance, data architecture, data modelling, data warehousing, data analysis and business intelligence, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, Master data management, data standards, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks
Skills / Behavioural Requirements:
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills; experience in influencing others and driving change
- Experience with database, analytics and data science related technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, modern dbs)
- Experience with ETL and other business intelligence tools
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques
- Proven data literacy, i.e. the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options
- Experience in information strategy definition, technology planning and execution related to data management and data governance
- Experience in policy and standards development and maintenance
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity
- Advanced programming skills in at least two of the following languages: R/Python (mandatory), SAS, Java, Git.
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts and solutions to business and operational team
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage stakeholder expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by pressures on team.
- Manage data architecture, ensuring that appropriate guidelines are given to those responsible for designing data structures and repositories as well as data exchange protocols
- Define and manage all the master data at program level, ensuring appropriate standards to be defined, implemented, governed and controlled
- Ensure continuous documentation of data lineage and their management according to predefined standard
- Lead, participate and support, as appropriate, the corporate data governance process respective to the program
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality
- Anticipate the various analytical use cases and influence the evolution of the various data science and analytics infrastructure from requirements to reporting, selecting technologies and qualified external providers
- Actively support the development of program components devoted to analytics, business intelligence and reporting
- Manage the data migration at any stage of the implementation program
- Problem solving, advising our business stakeholders on how to successfully execute on their strategic vision with data as a means
- Operate along the intersection of business strategy and implementation teams for delivering large scale transformation projects
- Responsible for translating abstract visions into reality while managing stakeholder expectation as well as software delivery’s work
- Lead teams of data engineers in solving business problems with access to engineering AI
- Work with the product / business teams to assess current capabilities and identify high-level requirements
- Define need for and develop initial budget and project definitions for strategic technology initiatives, prioritize the approve initiatives
- Establishes the strategic direction of technology but also responsible for the implementation planning and execution.
- Provide overall leadership, to both direct reports as well as managed service providers, for all operational activities for the IT Department
SLA and Service Management:
- Ensure a stable and secure operational environment for VCI business applications to increase system availability, reliability and scalability through the management of outsourced service providers.
- Perform SLA contract management and oversee contract operations for all IT Infrastructure service levels, Govern service providers
- Responsible for determining current and future IT Services requirements of VCI
Technology Vendor Management:
- Analyzing IT industry and market trends to determine their impact on the enterprise
- Review infrastructure technology vendor contracts
- Primary contact point for integration technology vendors
- Responsible for infrastructure Hardware & Software license agreements
- Responsible for international hosting sites and the services they deliver.
- Responsible for external service providers
Technology Project Sponsorship:
- Create a stable infrastructure through scalable, secure, and proven processes and technology implementations.
- Standardize architectural planning to improve efficiencies in the business and IT environment by lowering the time to delivery & cost of solutions (IT & Business) across the enterprise.
- Propose, sponsor and provide budget planning for IT Infrastructure projects to maintain, and upgrade the IT infrastructure, specifically in the Stability and Operational Excellence towers of the VCI IT strategy
Technology Framework Strategy:
- Provide strategic technology direction by setting clear, strategic technology direction for the enterprise through the creation and maintenance of a strategic technology plan.
- Mediate deviation of standards and govern technology compliance
- Monitor technology trends.
Deadline: 17th April 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.