Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN).It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Learning & Development and Rector, Learning Academy
- The role is responsible for the Analysis, Design, Development and Execution of Learning strategies by implementation of leadership development, functional capability building and learning interventions utilizing combined methodologies across the organization ensuring that the required skills, knowledge, abilities and competencies to deliver on both short and long term corporate strategy are proactively available and deployed to achieve set objectives at all times
- This is also a lever for talent retention in Leadway Assurance (Agency Inclusive) and Associate companies.
Tasks and Activities KRA’S (What are the key activities undertaken to achieve the desired end results?)
Learning Event Management:
- Arrangement of learning events in a sequential manner that takes cognizance of priority of business needs
- Determines suitability of learning solutions for various identified needs of staff
- Executes process that monitors and evaluates identified learning solutions and schedules
- Via a quality process, create a fool-proof process that ensures interventions lead to recognizable improvement in learner output
- Continuous analysis of business needs and environment such that learning events are tailored to fit these needs
- Creation of a dynamic database that profiles learners’ preferential method of learning.
- Availability of resource materials for learning events and ability to come with array of alternative, effective ideas achieving same set objectives in the event of non- availability
- Cost-effectively manage all learning events
- All Learning events must be followed up with an action plan filled by the learner and approved to by the line supervisor
- Learning must be tuned to fit changing business needs
- All leaning events must translate into productivity gains for the business
Training Need Analysis:
- Initiates the process that Identifies individual and group training needs and aligns them with business and group objectives.
- Design suitable learning solutions for various identified needs
- Design training plan with the aim of addressing all functional and generic training needs for each individual and group
- Sorts out non-human skill deficiencies that may hamper effective training deployment and facilitates resolution
- Communicates clearly the training plan for each individual and group with the aim of securing buy-in and commitment to the plan.
Budgeting & Training Budget Management:
- Ability to accurately deduct the cost (hidden and tangible) of every proposed course of action
- Forecasts resource requirements inclusive of subordinates and ensure effective resource allocation that delivers on business objectives
- Determines all cost associated with departmental activities and ensures cost-effectiveness for all planned actions
Learning Strategy / Curriculum:
- Implement the Learning and Development Strategy of the Organization in line with business objectives.
- Develop and implement the functional curriculum in adherence to global best practice.
- Implement and continuously review the Management and Leadership Development Training programme
- Use of blended learning solutions to drive down training costs and encourage trainee driven learning.
- Creates and executes learning models that’s drive positive mindset and entrenching of company values
- Management of group dynamics amongst a diverse team of individuals with similar learning needs.
- Identifies performance gaps, strengths and weaknesses and accurately determines appropriate intervention for positive development
- Facilitates development by providing individual developmental growth plans, talk sessions and mechanism for open and continuous communication.
- Proffered interventions should lead to recognizable improvement in trainee’s output.
Training Return on Investment & Return on Value:
- Ability to provide post-training analysis both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Measurement of training needs and learning intervention to create and give value back to the business
- Assess and analyze training value and the financial gains for the organization.
- Create and implement criteria for training vendors selection and on-boarding
- Create frameworks for training vendor evaluation to achieve effectiveness
- Set training vendors service level agreement(SLA) and track vendors performances
- Analyzing risk, due diligence monitoring and other areas of third party risk management
- Assess and give recommendations on vendor risk-related issues.
Regulatory Compliance and Training Administration:
- Creation, monitoring and implementation of a system that does documentation of all departmental activities, continuous improvement is key.
- This should cover but not limited to database of learners achievements, training events, procurement and supplies
- Drive adherence to all regulatory requirements and zero breaches eg. ITF requirements.
Training Analytics and Reporting:
- Critical Evaluation and Analysis of all events
- Post Implementation Analysis and reporting of all training
- Lesson learnt and tacit knowledge should be captured and stored in an easily retrievable manner for use by other learners.
- No statement of management of e-learning and knowledge Management System as indicated by the Corporate Strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour (Required to Succeed in Role)
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field
- Master's in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred is desirable
- A professional qualification of ATD, CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM or HRCI
- Professional training knowledge
- Sound knowledge of business sector of company.
- Culture and knowledge of working environment
- Ability to architect and drive change.
Relevant Experience (Type of Experience and Minimum Number of Years):
- Minimum of 10 years experience, with at least 5 years in HR function and 3 years of Management Experience with proven track record of change management and organization effectiveness.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online