Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Elixir Software Engineer
- We are looking for a Backend Elixir Software Engineer with strong experience in this capacity.
- If you are successful, you will play a critical role in our strategic plans for growth and will be an integral part of the Product team
- This is your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge, experience, passion and skills to transform the renewable energy landscape
- You’ll need to be ready to tackle the unique challenges that come with working in an emerging market and building a truly epic business.
- The Elixir Software Engineer will play a critical role in designing and implementing enhancements to our cloud-based IoT infrastructure
- The position will involve working with our Hardware and Software teams and external partners to integrate, monitor, and control a large set of devices in concert.
- Design, implement and test software systems to coordinate a fleet of devices in a challenging communication environment, via existing IoT communication platforms implemented in Elixir and Phoenix.
- Work with our hardware team to define and implement a set of protocols and APIs to achieve the coordinated behavior goal
- Assist in prototyping and simulation work as part of R&D projects
- Implement interfaces necessary for operation and debugging of the system
- Working with teams across continents, time zones and companies
- Create documentation and help define technical requirements.
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with Elixir or other functional languages
- 2+ years of experience developing large-scale web applications using a framework such as Phoenix or Rails
- Experience with software architecture, databases, distributed systems, data access, web APIs, etc.
- Excellent technical documentation / communication skills.
Experience with the following is a bonus:
- GraphQL APIs
- IoT applications and networks
- AWS cloud (ECS, S3, RDS)
- Control systems
- Optimization and simulation
- Energy, computer software and related industries.
- Interest in international development and social positive impact
- Self-motivated and creative thinker
- Enjoys collaboration, has strong communication skills, and is able to work well with a team in person or remotely
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Preferred locations are Lagos, Nigeria (virtual) / Denver Colorado(Onsite) although this role can be fulfilled on-site and remotely
- We have offices in East Africa, West Africa, Europe and the western United States. You will need to be available for working meetings and collaboration with colleagues in these locations / time zones.