Asset & Resource Management Holding Company - Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vegetables Agronomist
Employment Type: Full Time
- Establish and manage all vegetables and fruits agribusiness (V&F) matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Train selected candidates on all V&F matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Deliver agreed revenue, cash-flow and profit targets as set out in the business plan from time-to-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow strict management, operational and monitoring programmes w.r.t. the seedling nursery, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related matters.
- Execution and monitoring the performance of his direct area of responsibility on an ongoing basis against approved programmes and budgets.
- Maintain compliance with ARM rules and procedures and to maintain compliance with regulatory statutes and authorities.
- Applicable academic certifications in fields such as Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science etc.
- Additional vocational qualification in fresh vegetable crop production will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ extensive experience in practical large-scale commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness operations across Sub-Saharan Africa especially Nigeria or similar economies.
- Demonstrated expertise in intensive V&F production systems in line with approved plans.
Extensive knowledge of all facets of medium to large scale irrigated and mechanized commercial vegetables and fruits agribusiness, including but not limited to:
- Bush clearing
- Land preparation
- Seedling production
- Irrigated vegetable crop production
- Rained vegetable crop and pasture production
- Operations Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Project Management
- Farm Record Keeping.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online