The Candel Company Limited (TCCL) was incorporated in Nigeria (RC 204522) on 10th September 1992, as a Private Limited Liability Company to develop, market and distribute agrochemicals, specialized fertilizers, and allied inputs to farmers in Nigeria and Ghana. For over 20 years, Candel’s innovative solutions and on-farm support by our field agronomists have helped Nigerian farmers significantly increase their yields and industry economics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical and Regulatory Officer
Competence Requirements (Educations, Training and Experience )
- Minimum Educational qualification is Bachelors Degree. Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture (Preferably Crop Protection or Agronomy with a thesis in weed science) or Agricultural Biology from a reputable institution with a minimum of Second Class (Hons.), Upper Class Division.
- Experience in field research and Technical writing shall be of added advantage.
Current Job holder’s Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Safe and Responsible Use of Pesticides
- Benefits of Safe and Secure Storage of Agrochemicals
- Features and Benefit of Candel Products
- Mentorship and Stewardship Training
- ISO 9001:2015 Standard Quality Management System Internal Audit Course
- ISO 9001:2015 Standard Quality Management System Implementation Course
Description of Responsibilities / Functions
Farming Systems Gap Analysis:
- Collect data on types major cropping systems in the country indicating regions/ localities and hectares under cultivation
- Major agrochemical products, machineries and seeds indicating volumes of national and regional stocks
- List of distributors, locations and volume of business
- Weather analysis and forecast
Products Development & Demonstration:
- Identify major pests, diseases and other challenges in the farming systems in Nigeria
- Co-ordinate the field evaluation and demonstration of agricultural inputs and machineries to be distributed under the trade name of The Candel Company Limited
- Ensure proper data collection and analysis
- Ensure proper documentation and publication of relevant official report
- Obtain relevant protocols for product registration
- Develop product labels and dossiers to communicate technical information
- Collect all correspondences, notification and certificates on product registration on behalf of Candel
- Process applications for product registration and ensure proper documentations at the relevant Government offices
Technical Presentations & Trainings:
- Training of staff, distributors and customers on Candel products
- Co-ordinate participation of Candel in technical workshops, exhibitions and conferences
Strategy for Market Penetration:
- Market development and co-ordination
- Sales projection and targets
- Sales and stock reconciliation
Government Policies and Industry Compliance:
- Liaise and follow up with offices of authority in compliance with extant laws on behalf of Candel
- Liaise and participate in CropLife activities on behalf of Candel
Accountability and Objectives:
- To develop and register agrochemical product, machineries and seeds under the Trademarks of Candel in Nigeria and other countries in West African. To identify and report other profitable investment opportunities in the agricultural value chain of these countries.
- Farming systems gap analysis, Products development & demonstration, Product registration, Technical presentations & training, Government policies and industry compliance, Work plan and reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2021.