Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS) formally Integrated Development Services (IDS) is a voluntary, not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 2004 by Peace-loving and law-abiding women and youth and incorporated with the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT/No.60576) and was granted Special Consultative Status by the United Nations (UN) Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scope Officer
Nganzai / Konduga, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Meal Manager, the role oversees the implementation of the IDS Project SCOPE registration activities in all the IDS in Borno state.
- S/he will be the overall supervisor of the scope registration team and will be responsible for field management, coordination and regular monitoring of the project in all the areas of operation.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Supervises the SCOPE registration team and provides appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities.
- Total management of the SCOPE/ digital registration equipment, materials and data.
- Manages the SCOPE /digital registration data, progress report of the e-registration activities to enhancing smooth distribution exercise.
- Facilitates the training of Scope project staff on Scope online/offline system focusing on efficient planning, coordination, and implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Manages shared e-registration related complaint in accordance with WFP guidelines.
- Liaises closely with WFP SCOPE Unit/Office regarding SCOPE implementation and related issues.
- Actively participates along-with other project officers in coordination meetings, if requested.
- Prepares and submits all SCOPE registration activities report.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholders – IDS, Community support groups, community leaders, NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Participates actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the M&E Officer with specific attention on the efficiency of the IDS BSFP, GFD etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Programming / Sciences / Engineering or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Nutrition, Agriculture or other relevant discipline and evidence of NYSC discharge certificate
- Highly computer literacy (ability to adapt software packages to contexts)
- Experience as a SCOPE registration officer with an INGO partner
- Minimum 3 years Banking Sector experience working on ATM machines or 3 years’ experience in the NGO Sector of which 2 years should be working in SCOPE Registration/ e-registration programming / or project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Experience in data collection, analysis and problem-solving;
- Experience in SCOPE registration, training and report preparation;
- Proficiency in computer science and engineering
- Good speaking, writing and reading skills
- Fluency in English and familiarity with local languages with be value addition but not necessary
- Ability to put up with job pressure; deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Demonstrates openness and transparency
- Computer programming different sort of packages
- Good organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel across locations of implementation within LGA
- Intercommunity Development Social Organisation (IDS) reserves the right to transfer position as per need/project demand at any time during the project. The position will be based in Nganzai.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Deadline: 6th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Intercommunity Development Social Organisation (IDS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender or disabilities.