The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), on behalf of International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan:
Job Title: Research Assistant I
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Assist in managing ILRI research and demonstration field;
- Provide support during training on livestock feed and production;
- Perform data entry and analysis using Excel, SPSS and SAS;
- Assist in promoting High Quality Cassava Peel (HQCP) based for livestock feed for ruminant and poultry;
- Assist in operating the NIRS machine for samples (feed and forage) analysis;
- Perform additional related duties as requested by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- BSc / HND in Animal Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an international research for development organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent verbal and written command of English language.
- Have ability to work across discipline and within multi-cultural environments.
- Be proficiency in Microsoft Word and related applications notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
Click here to apply
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 26th March, 2021.