Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Ref No.: 200000LR
Location: Yobe, Nigeria
Job: Program Management
Job Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the STaR Program Manager, The Program Assistant will be required to work within a multi-sectoral setting including Productive and social infrastructure, agriculture and livelihoods, social cohesion and governance.
- The post holder will deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships.
- S/he will liaise with the North East operations teams to ensure quality support for the project activities.
- S/he will support field activities in project communities across Yobe state
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Project Administrative Support:
- Liaise with administration support staff to provide updates on anticipated administrative needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the operation of project activities.
- Organize proper storage and issuance of stock, maintain stock reports and monitor usage for the project.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Support program staff with request for advances and cash disbursement
Support Project and CRS-wide meetings, trainings, and activities:
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations, meeting space, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments.
- Support in drafting meeting notes and record all proceedings and share with meeting participants.
- Filing (electronic and hard) project documents, meeting minutes and technical documents.
- Maintain inventory of all project partnerâ€™s contact information.
- Maintain project assets inventory register in collaboration with the grant unit
- Liaise with the IT department on hardware and software issues to ensure functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
- Support the establishment and function of project resource center and project information management.
Logistics and itineraries:
- Ensure logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with operations on itineraries
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors' administrative needs
- Communicating material and cash needs to Finance and/or Administration in a timely manner.
- Coordinate staff movements including leave, field trips and all required logistics using the movement and leave tracker.
- Assist with correspondence, letters, and invitations. Act as liaison between programs staff and dispatcher.
- Serves as the interface between technical team and the operations unit.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: STaR Program Manager II, MEAL officer, SILC Assistant, Social Cohesion, Agric. & Livelihood Assistant, Infrastructure Officer, Infrastructure assistant(s), Governance Officer, Feedback Desk Officer, Yobe Head of Office
- External: Local partners/sub recipients, local authorities and communities, Government ministries departments and agencies, local and international NGOs, coordination platforms and working groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management or any other related field.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Required Languages – English, Hausa is an added advantage.
- Travel – Must be willing to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- EOE / M / F / D / V -CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.CRS'™ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.